Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's happening to fast

Arlo started walking this week. We were in vegas for magic, and he took his first steps in the Venetian hotel and I thank him for waiting for me to take his first steps after I got home from work. I have always worried that I was going to miss important moments because of work, and slowly I am realizing I can make being a mom and having a career work(I guess taking him on business trips helps. Some might think I'm crazy, but it's the only way I can do it.) Up until this point, I have spent hours and days trying to find a way not to work. Any way I crunch the numbers, I have to stay employeed full time. Good thing I like buying shoes for aliving. Otherwise, being a working mom would be even harder.
Arlo at the park. Some boy didn't want to play with him.

After returning from Magic, Arlo had his 10 month check up. He is right on track and healthy as can be. I have been avoiding sleep training him for some time now. He still gets up to eat 2-3 times in the middle of the night. I told the dr. I was finally ready to stop bf him at night and work on getting him to sleep through the night. He was all for it, until he saw that Arlo was FINALLY getting his first tooth. We didn't believe him because we always feel like one is coming in, but then this morning it happened. The kid was finally cutting his first tooth! Frozen fruit is a life savor so far! Poor baby is handling it like a champ.

This is his new favorite place to play hide-n-seek.

I hope everyone has a good weekend, we are keeping it mellow and I'm starting to plan for his first birthday. Stay tuned for that post!
I don't know where the time has gone. Arlo at 6 months...

1 comment:

johnny cash said...

This is wonderful! I'm so happy you're writing this :) He's the cutest ever.