Monday, March 29, 2010

Hearts and Stars and Rainbows...

Tonight was a special night. Not for any particular reason, but it just was.

Arlo has a runny nose. Anyone who has a baby, knows how heartbreaking it is when your little one doesn't feel good. He still laughs and plays until mama says no more. We had dinner and bath time and then I rubbed oils to help him breath on his chest and back. He sat there calm and looked at me with this giant blue eyes (if you know Arlo, he does NOT sit still, and those blue eyes will melt a million hearts one day.) I then nursed him and he fell asleep breathing hard. I normally put him down and he normally isn't sleeping tonight, but tonight I held him and watched him sleep softly to sleep. I fell in love all over again. He will have my heart forever.

I then went on my nightly jog. I was running around and I felt like the world was happening around me and I was just watching from the outside. Even though I was running, it felt like I was standing perfectly still. I watched people eating dinner with their families, people walking their dogs, people sitting outside laughing, and then there was me. I ran to the bay and there it was before me, the moon. It was lighting up the entire bay and I went to take a picture, but had no camera. I honestly wanted to run back to get my camera, but instead I figured it was a secret the universe was sharing with me. Honestly, it is what I needed to stop feeling the way I have been feeling.

I then went back to running and listening to party in the USA, with a huge smile on my face. I felt at peace and thought about all the people who I have in my life that have helped me get to where I am today. How hard I work to love my life and enjoy every second of every day. So thank you to all those certain people who listen to me vent and remind me I am doing alright.
A perfect picture of my heart.

I'm blessed it so many ways.

**for those who want to know what I put on arlo to help sooth him: I used a mixture of coconut oil, lavender, petroleum jelly, eucalyptus oil, and rosemary extract.

No comments: