Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm Only Sleeping

"When I wake up early in the morning,
Lift my head, I'm still yawning
When I'm in the middle of a dream
Stay in bed, float up stream

Please don't wake me, no
don't shake me
Leave me where I am
I'm only sleeping "



So as many of you know, my beautiful, happy, loving baby boy, has one flaw. GASP!!! His only flaw, up until this point was his sleeping habits. The kid would wake up 2-3 times a night to nurse and he refused to sleep in his crib past 11 pm. Therefore, I have been co-sleeping and nursing all night long for 10 months.

I was finally done. I was tired and I knew neither of us were sleeping good. I posted previously we were waiting for his tooth to come through before we started the CIO method. Well, the tooth came and so did my weekend and I just couldn't started the sleep training. I wanted to wake up on Saturday to my baby boy looking at me, smiling, begging me to wake up. I still knew that it was time, but I kept feeling like he would just do it when he was ready. I truly felt the time was coming and he would just one night do it, or maybe that is what I have been praying for the last 10 months.

Last Monday, was the first night he slept all night and he woke up at 7. Then he did it the next night, and the next. He wakes up and cries for about 60 secs then goes back to sleep about once a night, but alas he is sleeping and I am sleeping and I am happy. My baby was ready to sleep and I am all for it.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I feel like I could have a conversation with you throgh it. And relate to many posts. Most certainly this one. Co-sleeping, nursing, night feeding, not sure if I am sleeping, baby teething soon, love the cuddles, but ready for some sleep...yes, motherhood. Love the blog, Arlo and you!