Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts

Rant:
Today was very annoying. I called health insurance because they weren't covering Arlo's wellness visits. It turns out they only cover 10 visits in the first year, even though our Dr. and many others out there require once a month visits. So what the hell do you do? The lovely man, named Dan, told me they will cover vaccines. You can have your Dr. not check the child, but come in for vaccines. Does this make any sense? Anyway I paid for the dr visits, but I am now officially pissed off at insurance. Blah Blah Blah they want my son to remain healthy, so they won't have to pay for something serious, yet they won't pay for the wellness visits. Okay I give up. I'm giving in. Take my money. At least I don't have to worry about figuring out the whole mat leave thing again. That was a huge headache. PS if you take a LOA and you get money they don't take taxes out, so be prepared to pay up to the man once again.

Favorite:
So this favorite isn't about babies. It's about you and me. Chances are I have already tried to convince you to drink coconut water, but seriously DRINK IT. I am obsessed and these days they even package it for you in lovely little packages. Here is why I think you should drink it, and I push it on everyone. People who listen thank me.

1. coconut Water is excellent for replacing lost electrolytes from exercise or illness
2. Coconut Water is an all-natural sports/energy drink
3. Coconut Water is a natural isotonic beverage – contains a similar level of electrolytes found in human blood.
4. Coconut Water may help promote smoother, more hydrated skin
5. Coconut Water is non-allergenic
6. Coconut Water is rich in potassium. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure and heart function
7. Coconut Water is an effective oral re hydration medium and keeps the body cool.
8. Coconut Water is More Nutritious than whole milk - Less fat and NO cholesterol!
9.Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice - Much lower calories
10. Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother's milk
11. Coconut water is naturally sterile -- Water permeates though the filtering husk!
12. Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage - The same level we have in our blood.
13.Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world countries through Coconut IV.

If above doesn't convince you, I have more lovely facts!!!!!

Drink it if you are sick, thirsty, working out, or anytime. Okay I'm done. If you don't want to drink a real coconut, I do suggest the brand O.N.E. I think it taste better and less packaged.




I have some exciting news to share, but I can't jinx it, so you will all have to wait another night or two.

No comments: